Thursday, March 10, 2011

Home-made Strawberry Jam

Hello!
last month was the month of love, and red could be seen everywhere, really every where; specially when valentines day is near, which was celebrated here with all its color, as its elsewhere, but for me its was a gloomy span, not that I abhor love, but a very loved one deserted us & left this world, it was my beloved grandmother, which is the reason i was so long away from my dear blog. She was 95 and still great, and talking about love and talking about her one thing came to my mind, gorgeous red lovely home-made strawberry jam.
she was very good and gifted with preserves and pickles. The recipe that I'm going to share today is hers and one of my personal favorites, its really simple and I'm sure you are going to --- love it!

Homemade Strawberry Jam
Ingredients:

450 g       fresh strawberries, hulled
400 g       sugar
6 tsp        lemon juice

Method:

Strawberry Jam
Crush or cut strawberries in small pieces, next in a heavy sauce pan, add sugar, strawberries and lemon juice, stirring it continuously until the sugar melts; over low heat, increase temperature and bring it to boil.
Testing Jam
Cook until it becomes even and thick, let it cook and test it with your fingers, if  wrinkles are formed,your jam is ready, another way to test is to put a little amount of jam in a flat plate and put it in the freezer for a min and run your finger along, and if it doesn't run back and keeps separated then...congratulations you've successfully accomplished your very own home strawberry jam. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment